Playdate Cookies are buttery and fabulous! They are easy peasy to make and best of all the dough is egg free so it is completely safe to eat...awesome right? No more worrying if a little bite was taken here and there and they remind me so much of those buttery cookies that come from a tin...do you remember those as a kid? I used to LOVE those. Make a batch of these to take along to your next play date...we chose stars and dinosaurs, but there are tons of fun sprinkles you can use to make them your own!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- Sprinkles, any kind you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with a electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add salt and flour slowly to the mixture and mix until incorporated with your hands until dough is smooth and uniform (see photo below):
- Put the tbsp of sprinkling sugar in a small bowl and roll dough into one inch balls. Dip each dough ball in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Press each dough ball lightly to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Add sprinkles to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until light golden.
(Makes about 30 cookies)